I thought this was so well thought out and written that it deserves a mention. ING Direct put out a We, The Savers statement that clearly identifies how we can be responsible for ourselves during this rough economic stretch. I appreciate the sentiment, plus ING is my bank for both checkings and savings and I love their services.
Here is the list :
- We will spend less than we earn.
- We will use our home as a savings account.
- We will take care of our money.
- We will defend our credit worthiness.
- We will ignore unsolicited credit card marketing.
- We will know the cost of borrowing.
- We will invest for the long term.
- We will take care of the things we have.
- We will remember what matters.
- We will be heard.
Click here to read the full statement to get a breakdown of each point.